Property Manager - Self Storage - Great Benefits **
US Storage Centers
: $68,875.00 - $147,280.00 /year *
: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Property Manager, Self-Storage
Location: Middleton, MA 01949FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Must be able to work on weekends and some holidays
Salary Range: $13.00 - $15.00
Travel: 5% of the time
About US Storage Centers
Westport Properties/US Storage Centers (\"USSC\") is a top 10 Self Storage Management company in the country with over 130 properties, operating in multi-states under management totaling over 30 million rentable square feet. Founded in 1985, we have built a premier management platform in the industry. Since its inception, USSC has helped thousands of its customers organize their lives by delivering convenient and affordable self-storage solutions.
We are seeking to fill AN OPEN POSITION available in our self-storage facilities.
* Property Manager
The open positions are permanent full-time/full-time positions working with an opportunity for advancement with one of the leading providers of self-storage in the United States. The qualified candidates would be an energetic, outgoing, self-starter, who has excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills.
This position contributes to facility profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. This Manager pays close attention to detail and has general sales, marketing and computer skills.
Key Essential Functions & Area of Responsibilities
* Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and delinquency management of the facility * Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries * Shows, rents and cleans self-storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials * General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management * Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management * Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management * Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices * Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Clean office and restrooms daily * Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily * Assist in preparing units for auction as prescribed by law, and approved by management * Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates * Regular worksite attendance in accordance with Company's Attendance Policy is required for this position * Other Duties As Assigned * Periodic special projects and duties may be assigned based on Company need and requirements * Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, with frequent interruptions or distractions and within tight deadlines
* Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 50% of the time and sitting up to 6 hours in a day * Move/Traverse: frequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk * Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 50 pounds * Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with clients who have inquiries about their storage accounts, billing invoice or other related account matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations * Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, facility objects near and far * Climb: occasionally ascends/descends a flight of stairs to service the lights and/or reach overhead
* Regular professional, office business setting * Frequent outdoor exposure working in outdoor weather conditions * Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting) * Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
* Paid Time Off * Paid Holidays * 401(k) Eligibility * Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision * Life Insurance Benefits * Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident) * Recognition of Hard Work and Exemplary Performance * Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment * Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
* Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required * Self-Storage Software Experience is a plus * Customer service, retail sales, marketing experience is preferred * Successful record of accomplishment of sales and marketing skills in the self-storage or retail industry is preferred * Ability to pay close attention to detail * Valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation are required in order to perform essential functions of this job * Weekend availability is required * Possess the eagerness and work ethics to succeed in a customer service environment
* General office and telephone skills are required * Basic Computer Skills are required * Good written and verbal communication skills * Good organizational skills * Proactive, self-starter, goal oriented and ability to work independently * Maintain a positive attitude and composure * Collaborative Team Player * Must maintain and hold a valid State Driver's License (if driving for Company business for the role) * Uphold Company's Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values
* High School Diploma is required * Some college is preferred
At-Will Employment & Equal Opportunity Employer
Westport Properties, Inc. is a parent company of US Storage Centers (USSC) which provides at-will, equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetics. Furthermore, Westport Properties, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment and discrimination based on age, disability, color, genetics, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in compliance with federal, state and applicable local laws governing employment and labor law in every location in which the company conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All Employees must pass a post-offer, pre-hire background screening which includes a multi-state criminal check and DMV Records in accordance with federal protected FCRA/FACTA Requirements for Investigative Consumer Reports, CA ICRA and other state mandated requirements for employment purposes. Furthermore, this job description is subject to change at any time. Nothing in this job description is meant to guarantee employment status and/or position. This job description neither restricts nor prevents management's right to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time of the essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be subsequently assigned.
Essential Job Function for Reasonable Work Accommodation
According to the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), employees must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. The Company will provide reasonable work accommodations to allow the employee to perform their essential job functions and duties as detailed above. If you feel you need reasonable work accommodations, please contact the Human Resources department at (949) ###-####.
Associated topics: commercial, facilities, lead, manage, manager, manager i, manager iv, office manager, operations manager, supervisory